Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Sales Manager announced at Sierra Suites





Sierra Suites is excited to introduce our new Sales Manager: Kayla Burke. Kalya is new to Sierra Vista but excited to learn about our lovely city and to begin working with the great team at Sierra Suites. Here's a note from Kayla:
-----------------------------------------

My name is Kayla Burke, the new Sales Manager for Sierra Suites in Sierra Vista, AZ. I just moved here about a month ago with my fiance, who is in the military and is stationed at Fort Huachuca. I'm originally from Wyckoff, New Jersey, but don't expect any bump-its or spray tans from me! The only time "Jersey" comes out is with telemarketers. ;)

My finace and I recently moved from Fort Drum, New York which is about the same distance from the Canadian border that Sierra Vista is from Mexico. We joke that we've gone from one extreme of overnight 4 ft blizzards, to burning desert sun. Its certainly a big change for me, and that higher elevation is no joke! The first time I unloaded groceries from the truck I had to lie down! But in all, Sierra Vista is a beautiful area and I'm very excited to get to know it better. The wineries, Kartchner Caverns, and Tucson within comfortable driving distance allow for a lot to do. Just this past weekend we drove up to Phoenix and went tubing down the Salt River, which if you haven't done yet I HIGHLY recommend.

This is my first job in the hospitality field. Much of my professional experience has been in publishing, if you can believe that. After graduating Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY in 2009 (any other Red Foxes out there?) with a BA in English Writing and a minor in Spanish, I landed my first job in the Fort Drum/Watertown with the Watertown Daily Times. I worked my way up through the ranks to become their Advertising Coordinator. I also spent a lot of free time during my fiance's last deployment teaching dance classes at night. I teach and practice just about every style imaginable: ballet, pointe, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, and tap.

I love to read, write, and travel. I spent a semester in London while in college and was fortunate enough to see eight different countries on the continent. A tip for fellow backpackers, though? Avoid RyanAir or the other budget airlines. After a very long and cold night spent in a very dark and creepy Italian airport terminal with about 20 Brits that had been grounded from jet engine failure, I'll think twice before flying with them again.

I'm very excited about the opportunity to work with Sierra Suites! My new coworkers have been extremely friendly and welcoming, and although I'm just getting my feet wet, I'm sure this job will be one of the most fun I've ever had.

If you have any sales opportunities or are interested in partnering with Sierra Suites in any endeavor, I'd love to chat! Feel free to email me at Kayla Burke ! And if anyone knows where I can peek at a havalina, let me know! I have to see these things to believe it. ;)









Kayla Burke


Sierra Suites


391 E. Fry Blvd


Sierra Vista, AZ


http://www.sierravistasuites.com/
www.facebook.com/sierrasuites


www.twitter.com/sierrasuites

No comments:

Post a Comment